Monday, May 19, 2008

WHAT YOUR CLASSMATES ARE SAYING ....

".... My summer is going great! I picked to run a misdemeanor caseload for a new attorney who is out for two months studying for the bar exam. I get to do all her court appearances, possibly all the trials that come up this summer, and whatever else is on her schedule when she's not in. Last week I got to make my own charging decisions, write plea offers, and drop cases ... And if you ever get first years who don't have anything to do their first summer, tell them to volunteer like I did. I had to work full time and didn't get paid for either of my summers, but now it's working out really well..."

" ... a little update with my summer jobs so far! Basically I love them! It worked out to where I am interning with Judge X at the Federal Courthouse for X District of Florida, 2 days a week, and the other three days a week I am working for XYZ , a small litigation firm (about 5 attorneys in my branch). It's cool how it worked out, b/c I am getting two great experiences at once. It's interesting to compare the types of work that I'm doing and the environments of the two places (not to mention the firm is paying me)."